For hunters who are new to tree hunting with a saddle, here is the basic setup to get started with Aero Hunter. If you already have your own tree strap or lineman's belt, you won't need this kit. Instead, just order separately the components you want to complete your tree hunting system. For full descriptions of each component of the kit, click on the links below.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
The Merlin Kit includes the Merlin saddle, a Lineman's Belt for climbing the tree, a Tree Strap for safely connecting to the tree, and a Back Band to extend your comfort options.
The complete kit with all its components weighs only 5 lb.
When ordering, please choose saddle size from the menus above.
- Aero Hunter Merlin tree saddle made specifically for fall prevention while tree hunting, rated 5000 lbs
- Saddle bridge is 1" heavy nylon webbing rated at 6500 lbs.
- Tree strap made of All Gear 24-strand climbing rope rated 6300 lbs, in brown, for adjustable tree anchor, with Fusion double-locking carabiner
- Lineman's belt made of All Gear 24-strand climbing rope, in green, with Fusion double-locking carabiner
- Eye-and-eye prusik cord is Sterling 8mm Flex Hitch cord, made of Technora/Polyester, strength 29kN (6519 lbs) for secure and adjustable connection to the ropes
- Aero Hunter Back Band for positionable back support if and where you want it
- Made in Oregon, USA by New Tribe dba Aero Hunter, with 36 years experience building life-safety equipment for tree climbers
- Prevents a fall when set up and used as directed
- You face the trunk, hiding your presence and controlling your position with your feet
- You can smoothly and silently move around the trunk to shoot in any direction
- You can shoot directly below you
- Comfort and safety while you wait
- Quiet, low visibility, lightweight
- Compact, you can hike in wearing it